dimanche 9 avril 2017

How to work up to taking a corner flat

I have a Swift DB4 that I am learning to drive and before I go crash it into a wall from having more ambition than talent I figured this would be the best place to ask:

Question: When working up to taking a corner flat in a ground effects car (such as a Swift DB4) is it a case of taking it faster and faster until the car starts missing it's line, or do you have to skip the working up part and try it flat with maximum down force because there is no middle ground?

Long story made as short as possible, I am taking a particular corner at a minimum speed of 100mph but it feels like instead of braking I could just take it flat at 145mph, the only reason I haven't is because it gets a bit twitchy in the rear just after turn if over a certain speed. No one has taken it flat before so I am pioneering but for comparison sake I am taking the corner at a similar speed to what a current day Formula 3 car does it at.

As I side note I am also fixing a lot of problems with the car before I take it out again in May, these range from:
-Shocks that weren't working so I am getting them rebuilt, this is important as there is an elevation decrease on corner entry.
-Corner weights varying by 30lbs per corner
-I have been using the "spare set" of rims that came with the car but didn't realise the track is 2inch less in the rear than the main set I hadn't used yet.
-The tyres were 18 heat cycles old R35 Hoosier's, I am going to swap to a new set of Avon A11's as they seem to suit the conditions better.

I know there are a lot of variables that will change the answer but any advice on how to approach it would be appreciated.


How to work up to taking a corner flat

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire