jeudi 9 février 2017

Engine Vent Design?

Most F1600 applications these days put a restrictor with a small orifice in the vent line from the valve cover to the top of the fuel tank. I understand that this aids in the dry sump scavenging process.

My question is ..... Rather than having the small orifice in a -6 or -8 vent hose, will the same size, or perhaps different size orifice in a -3 hose, have the same desired effect to performance of the dry sump system?

In the application I am working on, I will need a 4 ft vent hose with some tight bends. Considering weight, cost, and aesthetics, I am trying to determine if I will be hurting performance by just using a small ID hose for the vent line.

I am really just looking for a yes, no, or alternate recommendation, but feel free to explain why or why not.
Thanks!


Engine Vent Design?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire