dimanche 19 février 2017

WTB: Layshaft for MK9 4 Speed

I decided to change my gears for the upcoming season today. When I removed the bearing carrier and removed the gears I noticed something laying on the bottom of the gearbox that I had not seen before. Upon further investigation there were two roller needle bearings and metal shrapnel also. After discussing this with another veteran racer, it was decided that the roller needle bearings and shrapnel must be from the roller bearing located in the case where the lay shaft goes through the case into the "pumpkin". After looking at the roller bearing, I could see that some of the needle roller bearings were missing. I also discovered that the cage for the bearing was completely disintegrated. Thus the shrapnel. Upon further inspection I also discovered that the lay shaft was now grooved and scored where the bearing rides on the shaft. So, now I need to find a new or used lay shaft for a 4 speed MK9 box with slide on gears. I also need some advice as to how to get the existing roller bearing out of the case. Any advice or help from the experts on this site would be greatly appreciated. This one is currently somewhat above my pay grade but I am willing to take it on. Thanks for your help.

Ron R.


WTB: Layshaft for MK9 4 Speed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire