jeudi 9 février 2017

LD-20 trouble on RF85 upright

I bought this car with ICP LD-20 calipers and TDI 2 piece rotors. For improved feel I decided to upgrade to Aluminum AP LD-20s. During test fit, I've run into a condition on all 4 corners where the Rotor is making contact with the caliper bridge over the rotor. It varies by caliper and corner but overall the condition is tight or interference.

Prior to purchasing the Al LD-20s I did one weekend trying some steel LD-20s and I had the same issue, although I was able to use a file to clearance out the bridge ends (maybe 2mm at most). I was not going to attempt the same material removal on the aluminum without some insight from others.

When looking at the AP drawing, the "PL" dimension from mounting holes to pad/rotor edge is 49.0mm. When I take some rough measurements on the upright using straight edge and scales, I get at least 50.5mm and on some uprights 51.0. It is not precise but enough to indicate that my upright mounting holes are further inboard and I have approx 1-2mm of interference. A similar scale measurement on the ICPs appears to have a deeper throat, but I do not have a drawing to confirm.

Rotor diameter measures approx 10.065in... and the AP drawing indicates rotor diameter up to 10.5 is acceptable.

Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions on what to look for? I have no indication how old the uprights are but I would expect many years.

Thanks
Brandon

Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG0274.jpg (91.3 KB)
File Type: jpg CIMG0278.jpg (61.6 KB)
File Type: jpg CIMG0280.jpg (99.7 KB)


LD-20 trouble on RF85 upright

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire