jeudi 30 mars 2017

Schroth "Clubman" Harness in FF?

Looking to replace my out of date Willans 6-pt harness in my PRS Club Ford and came across the Schroth "Clubman", sold for $220 by just about everyone.

Can be had in clip-in or bolt-in, pull-up tightener or pull-down, same price for any variation. I would likely go with the bolt-in and pull down.

I notice the lap belt is 2". I've seen a 2" lap belt referred to as 'safer' than a 3" though I can't imagine why. I thought 3" lapbelts were required for SCCA but looking at the 2017 GCR there is no specification on belt width in the "Drivers Restraint System" section. How is a 2" belt safer than a 3"? The 3" wide material of my outdated Willans works fine with my HANS.

The submarine belts look to be going to a single connector that goes into the buckle at the bottom, different from most 'formula car' harnesses that have the separate belts with a loop that goes around the shoulder belts.

Anyone know if the Clubman will work in a tight formula car cockpit? Empirical experience would be a plus.

Tom Duncan


Schroth "Clubman" Harness in FF?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire