mardi 14 mars 2017

Unicorn Towing Vehicle

I know what I'm asking for here and it's fabled nature but I'm asking for advice nevertheless.

Jobs and possibly careers are different. My wife's 6.2L beast of an SUV (which worked great as a tow vehicle) costs a fortune in monthly payment and has racked up so many miles that it's now had to have lifters replaced. Now I'm just waiting for the next major issues to surface and paying a big monthly payment that I'm trying to reduce. Money better spent on racing! I drive tens of thousands of miles per year so I'm sticking with my fuel efficient daily driver.

There's no place in my small suburbia life for a truck on top of our daily driver vehicles so I'm in search of a replacement SUV for my wife that isn't a gas guzzler but that can pull my 16' enclosed flat nose trailer which, when fully loaded is under 4,000lbs.

Fortunately current model SUVs seem to have engines that are V6 but potent enough to tow. Even the V8 models seem to be more fuel efficient than her pipe dream 14/18mpg current SUV.

Ok, I'm looking to hear feedback on whether anyone has experience or knows of guys who tow somewhat similar trailers behind smaller SUVs. I'm not talking about RAV4 here, but things like Explorer, Traverse/Acadia, Durango, and Grand Cherokee. And even on them I would add weight distribution hitch, transmission cooler, etc. I know I'm in unibodies here but the numbers hold up on paper anyway.

Perfect world I'd have a truck but it doesn't fit right now so staying on topic I'm trying to figure out if I should even consider these mid-size SUVs. They are perfect in most daily driver ways and by the numbers they can pull what I need. But I'm hoping there is some experience here to help me make a decision.

Long winded, I know, but thanks for the advice!


Unicorn Towing Vehicle

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire