mardi 14 mars 2017

Water Flow - Block to Head

Any experts out there? One of my vintage cars uses an old Buick V6 Stage 2 which I'm having to rebuild it myself because no one wants to touch it for a reasonable price. One of the problems of old race cars!

I simple don't understand the water flow connection between the block and heads. Most of the water 'spaces' surrounding the cylinders are big in volume, likewise in the heads - but the connection between the block and heads is just a series of small drilled holes - all the bigger holes are blocked by the head gasket.

In summary - for each bank of the V engine -
- outlet from Cosworth water pump - 1" diam - 0.79 sq.in.
- total area of all drilled holes - 0.59 sq.in.
- and for reference tubes/hoses to rad etc - 1.25" diam - 1.23 sq.in.

Does this make sense?
Should I enlarge the block to head holes?

Overall, on track, I am over cooled, thank goodness.
Thx for any comments.


Water Flow - Block to Head

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire